Dear Moderator;

Hello and Welcome Moderator to my, Sam Arrandale's, Blogger. Hope you enjoy reading through my posts as much as I did making it. I spent much time creating these posts so I hope they interest you. It all started in September 2011 and the finale (final piece) is top of the page. Thank you and Goodbye.

Thursday 29 September 2011

Research and Planning: College Magazine Analysis

In my magazine, I feel my fonts are the correct size. However the house style (the colour/font) is different on the Front Cover and on the Contents page due to me forgetting what the colour numbers and the font names were called. When I do my final Magazine, I will use this as a learning curve and will write down the fonts and colour numbers down the the house style is continuous throughout.

My magazine follows the three colour rule because I used Purple, Yellow and Dark Purple. I used these colours because in my market research I found out these were the most popular colours the students gave.

You can tell that the contents and front cover page belong to the same magazine, but they look like their from different issues because of the colour number situation I mentioned before. In different issues, magazines usually use a different colour but remain the same house style.

I definitely think the photographs are well-taken and appropriate. On the front cover, the two-shot medium close-up of the two college students really show they're part of college (the props and clothing they have). The images on the contents page are more based on the surroundings of the college which I feel are beneficial to show what is inside the college.

I think there are appropriate stories and articles inside my magazine, however I feel I could have been more formal and helpful towards the education side of college rather than news/gossip/fun stuff about college.

1 comment:

  1. I like how your magazine stuck to the 3 color rule however i think to improve you should try and make the colors on the contents and front cover the same. Overall your magazine sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete