Dear Moderator;

Hello and Welcome Moderator to my, Sam Arrandale's, Blogger. Hope you enjoy reading through my posts as much as I did making it. I spent much time creating these posts so I hope they interest you. It all started in September 2011 and the finale (final piece) is top of the page. Thank you and Goodbye.

Friday 16 March 2012

Evaluation: Question 2 - Artist Lookalike



















Posture/Gesture- Both of the images are similar in posture and gesture. In the images the models posture is very striking and confident, as well as the gesture representing them as Diva like. The striking/confident gesture makes the models look bold and in your face as if they're making a statement, very much what I wanted to present in my magazine.

Angle- The angle is slightly tilted up, giving it a slight low angle. I wanted to make my images low angle because it makes the model look superior. It makes the audience feel as if they are looking up to the artists.

Shot Type- The shot types used are a medium close-up. I feel this gives the audience more of a connection to the artists. I wanted it to feel like that because it would also make the audience more interested in the interview with the artist. You have to represent the artist as them connecting to their existing fans.

Lighting- The lighting is pretty similar.  I used upper lighting, very much like the picture of Beyonce, to emphasize the models features. Doing this makes models look even more attractive. However, the lighting on my image is pretty gray washed which edited on Photoshop to make more brighter and contrasted to make my model more toned.

Costume- The costume on both models is very simple and basic. The colour isn't loud and expressive, instead more darker colours (blacks) faced with gold jewellery. This is because R&B artists are more expressive through themselves rather than their costume, because although the costume isn't loud and doesn't scream confident - the models do. The models costumes both don't seem key to the images, which is what I wanted to portray because its all about the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment