Dear Moderator;

Hello and Welcome Moderator to my, Sam Arrandale's, Blogger. Hope you enjoy reading through my posts as much as I did making it. I spent much time creating these posts so I hope they interest you. It all started in September 2011 and the finale (final piece) is top of the page. Thank you and Goodbye.

Thursday 15 March 2012

Evaluation: Question 1- Use, Develop, Challenge. Contents Page

USE:
Model Placement-
I thought the placement and size of the model on Vibe Magazine looked very slick and looked well organized. I decided to place my model at the same size and place knowing it would look effective due to Vibe Magazine's use of it. The pose and posture is very different from the actual models, however the editing and placement I used.
Background Letter-
I really liked the idea of the first initial of the Masthead being placed on the page like in Vibe Magazine in a huge font in the background, so decided to use it in my magazine. The use of this is effective because it uses space (erasing blank space) but doesn't make it too busy and loud. In a way I kind of developed this by changing the colour and placing, however I knew I would use it even before constructing my magazine so I feel it was used more than developed.

DEVELOP:
Title Design-
I enjoyed the placing of the Title in Vibe Magazine as it really stood out, however I wanted to develop this into my own flavour and style. I developed it by instead of using misplaced text, I used it in a singular line going across the top. I made the 'C' bigger, because due to the effect of the 'V' on Vibe Magazine I felt it would look better and would stand out more.

CHALLENGE:
Coloured Picture-
Vibe Magazine used a very near Black and White image on their contents page, making the page very dim and moody in a slick way. Although it looked good, I didn't want to use that so I made my image more contrasted and brightened by using Photoshop. I feel like doing this as a challenge was effective because it looks more suitable in my magazine whereas if I made it Black and White it may have looked pretty dull and wouldn't have been as I wanted to portray the page to be like.
Costume-
The costume is also challenge. Kanye (Vibe Magazine) is wearing a very smart and fashionable suit, this is because as well as being a Music Magazine it is also a Fashion Magazine. However, in my Magazine I wanted my model to look very stereotypical of a Rap artist (Cap, baggy clothes, big coat etc) to show it is for the music and the artist, not the fashion. Kanye's look is very stylized and looks as if someone has told him to wear these clothes, whereas I wanted it to look like my models natural clothing and what he would actually wear and feel comfortable wearing because that's how I wanted to portray the models in my Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment