Dear Moderator;

Hello and Welcome Moderator to my, Sam Arrandale's, Blogger. Hope you enjoy reading through my posts as much as I did making it. I spent much time creating these posts so I hope they interest you. It all started in September 2011 and the finale (final piece) is top of the page. Thank you and Goodbye.

Friday 10 February 2012

Evaluation: Question 1- Use, Develop, Challenge. Front Cover


 
USE:
Strap line/Artist Names-
I used the idea of the strap line being artists names that are featured in my magazine in going across above the Masthead because I think it looks very slick and most R&B magazines use this idea so I figured it would be suitable.

Masthead Placing and Structure- 
In my research I found that most R&B/Hip-Hop Magazine use a very bold, one word Masthead spread across the top half of the page. I used this placing and structure to show the genre of my Magazine.

DEVELOP:
Model behind/in front of Masthead-
I was going to put my model in front of my Masthead, however I figured it looked better behind on my magazine. This is because the Tagline didn't look right when it was in front of the model when the Masthead was behind, so I developed it so the Model was behind both the texts.

Artists Name-
I knew that the Cover Artist is always the main feature of Vibe magazine, so I made Shepa on my Magazine the main article by making her name and story the biggest on the page. I developed it by using different placing of the text and different fonts/colours.

The Model-
I tried to use a similar Model to Beyonce because the genre is R&B as soon as you see the Cover Model. I used my model because she has a similar look and style to Beyonce and represents the R&B genre of the magazine. I developed my model from the Vibe model by using different type of clothing (leather jacket, black vest etc) and instead of a medium long-shot, I used a medium close-up as I feel it was more representative to the story line - showing she is back and the picture is very upfront. 

CHALLENGE: 
Tagline- 
I created a tagline for my magazine as I felt it would be suitable and make my magazine more unique. I had to challenge myself into coming up with a tagline and I eventually came up with 'Get the Vibe'.

House Style-
The overall House Style is extremely different through colours and fonts. The font on my magazine is more blocked as I wanted some text to stand out more than others (Masthead/Artists name) and I wanted to create a new style of colour, using Greys and Gold-looking colours because I felt it would represent R&B/Hip-Hop well.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment